Intern With Us
Our internship program offers hands-on work experience in a non-profit setting designed to develop your skill set and offer support on your own career path. There is no better environment to develop your career skills than with a non-profit organization whose sole mission is to help the underemployed/unemployed find the dignity of work. You have the power to make a difference in our community by empowering thousands of men and women that find dignity and support at Working Wardrobes.
While our internships are unpaid, students are offered the following benefits:
- Full access to virtual workforce readiness trainings
- One-on-one job coaching with an experienced Career Coach
- A professional business suit through our Wardrobe Center. So you can rock your next job interview!
- Mentorship and networking opportunities with talented professionals in the nonprofit industry
- Opportunity to apply academic skills and knowledge in a non-profit workplace environment
- We welcome students 18 years and older currently enrolled in a college accredited program.
- Time commitment of 10-15 hrs./week.
- Full Semester/Quarter time commitment (10-15 weeks) or 6-8 weeks in the Summer
- We are open to a hybrid (in-person and virtual) work schedule following all health & safety CDC recommended guidelines.
- Final candidates are subject to a background check.
2023 Internship Opportunities
Human Resources & Volunteer Management Internship
The Human Resources Intern will work directly with the Chief People Officer on multiple facets of Human Resources including talent management, employee policy & procedures, recruiting initiatives and learning & development. This intern will stay updated on the latest labor laws including COVID related legislation. They will also receive hands-on work experience with recruiting both employee and volunteer support, launching a volunteer management system, and developing on-boarding training materials.
Public Affairs & Government Relations Internship
The Public Affairs & Government Relations intern will work directly with the Public Affairs Committee and supervised by the Senior Client Services Director. They will assist the organization in fostering partnerships with public entities and local government and political representatives. The intern will also conduct research on policies and potential funding streams that may positively impact the financial well-being of the organization.
The Marketing Intern will work directly with the Public Relations Committee and supervised by the Marketing Manager. They while support the organization by working on marketing initiatives that reinforce Working Wardrobes development campaigns and events, communicating campaigns that drive revenue in our retail stores; and collateral/campaigns that promote the organization’s mission/brand and attract donors and corporate partners.
Client Services Internship
The Client Services Intern will work directly with the Client Services Manager to support the Rebuilding Careers program. They will assist the organization in conducting outreach initiatives to help drive clients towards our new and existing programs. The intern will also conduct research and assist in creating content for career services related resources and training materials for a diverse group of client needs.
How To Apply
We can’t wait to hear from you! To apply, please send the following to Amanda Phan, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 657-758-8597 for more information.
- Cover letter describing why you are interested in the particular internship for which you are applying. Include any school internship requirements.
- Writing Sample (may include a research paper, editorial, article, blog or portfolio related to your field of study)