On June 17, Working Wardrobes hosted a day of transformation for nearly 100 transitioning Marines and Sailors stationed aboard Camp Pendleton.
Together, 150 volunteers actively participated in every aspect of the 2022 VetNet Program Power Up for Success event and helped these Marines and Sailors navigate their transition through a variety of services, which included:
- a panel of Veterans who shared their own successful transition and path to employment experiences,
- a workshop led by Working Wardrobes’ career coach who taught them how to translate their military skills and experiences to the civilian workforce and identify potential careers and employers
- direct connections to national industry employers in an onsite job fair
- professional wardrobe – a Success Suit curated with volunteer personal shoppers
- taking and receiving a professional headshot
- lunch provided by California Love Drop
At the end of the day, each and every Marine and Sailor conveyed feeling better prepared for their transition and a sense of relief and appreciation knowing organizations like Working Wardrobes and the VetNet Program exists and is readily available to support them every step of the way!
Working Wardrobes thanks our amazing army of volunteers, and the in-kind support from our community partners for their time, energy and heartfelt participation this year. To the Marines and Sailors in attendance, congratulations on a successful day, we wish you Godspeed, Fair Winds and Following Seas on your journey to earning The Power of a Paycheck ™.
Contact our VetNet Program to learn how you can get involved.